Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home. Home?

I just saw The Avett Brothers play 2 nights in a row in Boulder. Which was an absolute pleasure, as always. One thing is for certain: listening to them makes me want to move home. They have a lot of lyrics about family and missing their Carolina home while being on the road.

I've actually been thinking about Dallas a lot lately. I love Denver, but my life doesn't really work that well here. Do I have a ton of fun? Oh yes, indeed. Do I make much money? Oh no, not much at all. Is there any hope of that changing in the near future? I doubt it.

As much as I enjoy my life here, I don't feel secure in my life here. And it's been like this for well over a year. I'm going to Dallas next week and I'm gonna think and feel really hard about where my whereabouts should be.

"Changing the plans I've been setting on, scared by the way that my life is getting gone, [Texas] one day I'll, someday I'll come home. [Texas] one day I'll, someday I'll come home."

"Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing, like the love that let's us share our name."

"One foot in and one foot back, it don't pay to live like that. So I cut the ties and I jumped the tracks, for never to return."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place...."

You know I love Colorado, too, but it would be awesome to have you back here....!!!!!

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Do I get to vote... because you know how I feel about Texas.. and you, but mainly Texas

6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home