Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fitness, Y'all

This is everything I did in the name of fitness yesterday:

-30 minute walk
-Kettlebells - 60 shoulder presses w/ 26 lbs. - 60 rows w/ 44 lbs. - 30 push ups - 50 swings - 5 pull ups
(I wasn't really feeling the swings or pull ups so I didn't force myself do a lot)
-7 mile bike ride
-Soccer practice (this involved more standing around, though, than running)
-7 mile bike ride back home

Good times!  I'm trying to ride my bike more often to commute places rather than drive.  Denver is a good city to do that in.  Those 14 miles took approximately 1 and 1/2 hours total.  Driving would have been about 25-30 minutes total.  So time is a consideration.  Also, I'm trying to work out extra to get ready for a soccer tournament I'm playing in this weekend, and to burn my vacation weight off.  I just back from Hawaii for my friend Carrie's wedding.  It was really beautiful.  And I ate a lot.  A lot of delicious foods.  Plus I'm turning 30 in exactly a week and I want to feel great about myself!!!

And finally, I just really like being active.

Cheers to fitness, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home