Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Monday, July 12, 2010

I Don't Care What You Say Anymore This is MY LIFE

I recently karaoked Billy Joel's classic song, "My Life."  I love this tune.  I've long thought it as a theme song.  This is my life, and I make the decisions for it.  And that knowledge gives me the freedom I've always desired.  I am almost 30.  I love being an adult.  Even though it is hard sometimes, my adulthood is something I claim and own.  Just like my mistakes and my victories.  It's all part of me.  Glorious me. 

I feel like my Colorado life is finally working.  I have some consistent work with a new client editing on an Avid on a PC making car commercials (flashback to the beginning of my career!).  I also have some consistent Kettlebell clients that I'm training.  And I'm doing some promo/demo work for some extra cash.  Feels good to be making money and not going any further in debt.

In addition, I have great friends here and fun things to do and I'm constantly meeting new people.  Life is good.  And I have big, exciting plans for 30.  Stay tuned for those. 

I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow.  Ahhhhhhh yeah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shyla said...

Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!

Ok... I totally agree with your thoughts. I'm glad you've found your bliss.

Good luck on your 30 plans. So far 30 has been kind to me.

9:24 PM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

I'm happy you are back, and it sounds like things are good for you. Really good.

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home